You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost space on macbook air 2020 512 gb ssd

Hello!

I have lost some space on my MacBook Air 2020 (512 GB SSD)

I ran Boot Camp Assistant and installed Windows some time ago. I only had 110 GB or so for Windows which was not enough. I got curious and boot my MacBook in macOS for the first time in months and ran the Disk Utility to reveal there were 2 BOOTCAMP partitions. One was 110 GB or so with another being around 220 GB. It seems as though I created two BOOTCAMP partitions. I have tried to no avail to reclaim the space.

Don't ask me what I did but I ran some commands and managed to delete the second BOOTCAMP partition but cannot reclaim the space.

What I am after is to have the maximum amount of space for my Windows partition and remove any unnecessary partitions I have created, hopefully without having to reinstall Windows. I don't know why I have 5 volume counts and "4 child mounts". I am very uneducated in this area. I honestly have no clue about Apple and Mac so please go easy on me.

I have included a screenshot of my diskutil list from the Terminal command.

Please advise if anything further is required to assist.

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Aug 29, 2021 4:59 PM

9 replies

Lost space on macbook air 2020 512 gb ssd

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.