You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Canon MG5750 scanner

I have upgraded to Big Sur 11.5.1, and now my Canon MG5750 will no longer scan. It used to work before the upgrade.

I go to this window:

Then, if I click "Open Scanner...", the message I get is:

You do not have permission to open the application “Canon IJScanner15f”.

Followed by the following window with the message:

Failed to open a connection to the device (-21345)

I have tried the following:

• In Printers & Scanners, I have done "Reset printing system...", and restarted my machine.
  • I have updated the drivers from Canon for the printer using "MG5700 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver. 16.40.1.0 (Mac)"
  • I have updated the drivers from Canon for the scanner using "IJ Scan Utility Lite Ver.3.3.1 (Mac)"
  • I have tried reinstalling the printer using the "Canon MG5700 series" under "Bonjour Multifunct", and have tried all three options "Secure Airprint", "Airprint", and "Canon MG5700 series".

None of the above makes any difference, the message is the same permissions error.

Posted on Aug 12, 2021 7:45 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2021 8:43 AM

Hi,

Camp_mother mentioned a solution for Canon in https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253010503?answerId=255650000022#255650000022 . Would something like that possibly change anything with your scanner? Power cycling the devices involved may also be worth testing.

Similar questions

6 replies

Canon MG5750 scanner

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.