You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Compressor Custom Settings not showing in FCPX

I've created a new setting in Compressor for a specific file type but, although it's showing in Compressor custom list, it's not showing when I try to add it to destinations in FCPX. I've restarted everything, renamed it, changed the settings etc, but FCP just can't find it. Can anyone help?

Here it is in Custom settings in Compressor at the bottom "New settings for RGS"

Not showing in FCP Destinations - Compressor bundle

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 29, 2021 5:12 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2021 6:33 AM

I can't reproduce this issue on my mac. I created new presets in Compressor, and they immediately appeared in FCP.

What versions of Compressor and FCP are you running? What version of macOS?

Does FCP have "Full Disk Access" in System Preferences->Security & Privacy->Privacy?

Try resetting FCP preferences.

Do you have Chrome on this machine?

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 5, 2021 6:33 AM in response to ClaireWhitt

I can't reproduce this issue on my mac. I created new presets in Compressor, and they immediately appeared in FCP.

What versions of Compressor and FCP are you running? What version of macOS?

Does FCP have "Full Disk Access" in System Preferences->Security & Privacy->Privacy?

Try resetting FCP preferences.

Do you have Chrome on this machine?

Compressor Custom Settings not showing in FCPX

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.