You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCP not seeing custom compressor settings

I've done this before and I can't see why it's not working now! I have custom settings in compressor and I am trying to set Add Destination > Compressor Settings. I can see the CUSTOM disclosure and the built-in MXF ones but none of the custom ones I've set. There must be something obvious that I'm missing!

FCP 10.6.5, Compressor 4.6.5, MacOS 12.6.9

iMac (2017 – 2020)

Posted on Sep 14, 2023 3:43 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2023 3:52 AM

Maybe this has to do with the version of Compressor being newer than that of FCP?

Compressor is up to date but FCP is now at 10.6.8.

I recommend that you make a zip of your existing FCP before updating.

Also, beware that libraries will need to be updated to work with 10.6.8, so make a backup as well or they won't then work in 10.6.5 if the need arises.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 14, 2023 3:52 AM in response to FilRmonic

Maybe this has to do with the version of Compressor being newer than that of FCP?

Compressor is up to date but FCP is now at 10.6.8.

I recommend that you make a zip of your existing FCP before updating.

Also, beware that libraries will need to be updated to work with 10.6.8, so make a backup as well or they won't then work in 10.6.5 if the need arises.

FCP not seeing custom compressor settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.