You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages

Why pages is not set up sort of or similar to word. I cannot do my paper on this computer like I could on my HP. If I knew this was the case I would've bought an HP again instead of an IMAC. This computer is too expensive for pages to not have more to work with in it. And why on EARTH is it so difficult to maneuver through my God!

iMac 21.5″, macOS 11.3

Posted on Jun 6, 2021 8:44 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2021 10:06 AM

Pages was never intended to function like Word, nor be a Word clone. If you need Word features, then use Word on the Mac, either as a Microsoft 365 subscription or a single purchase of Office 2019 for Mac. If you are producing a paper for school, the faculty will thank you for using what they use and providing them your Word document in its native, not translated export from Pages.

Apple provides a Pages for Mac User Guide, either online or as an eBook.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 6, 2021 10:06 AM in response to Twinkle1971

Pages was never intended to function like Word, nor be a Word clone. If you need Word features, then use Word on the Mac, either as a Microsoft 365 subscription or a single purchase of Office 2019 for Mac. If you are producing a paper for school, the faculty will thank you for using what they use and providing them your Word document in its native, not translated export from Pages.

Apple provides a Pages for Mac User Guide, either online or as an eBook.

Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.