You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with Pages

I'm a college student and I use Pages for my papers. The "new document" button I press to start a new paper has disappeared. How do I recover it?

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 12.1

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 6:26 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 7:20 PM

A look at the Pages User Guide supplied with Pages brought up this information:

Which implies the button will appear in the bottom left corner of a dialogue only if the Template Chooser does not appear.

Check your For New Documents setting in Pages Preferences - General.

the only choices are to 'show Templates Chooser snd' or start with (a specified template),

and to change the specified template to use if you've chosen the second preference.

If the button is not 'there', you can go to the File menu, and make a choice of routes to a new document, or press command-N to go directly to the Templates Chooser and choose a template to base tour document on.

Regards,

Barry

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 14, 2022 7:20 PM in response to Barry

A look at the Pages User Guide supplied with Pages brought up this information:

Which implies the button will appear in the bottom left corner of a dialogue only if the Template Chooser does not appear.

Check your For New Documents setting in Pages Preferences - General.

the only choices are to 'show Templates Chooser snd' or start with (a specified template),

and to change the specified template to use if you've chosen the second preference.

If the button is not 'there', you can go to the File menu, and make a choice of routes to a new document, or press command-N to go directly to the Templates Chooser and choose a template to base tour document on.

Regards,

Barry

Jan 14, 2022 6:51 PM in response to tab66

Hi Tab'

Where did you last see it?

Serious question, as I don't recall having come across a "new document button" in Pages in the short time I've had the current version, which makes it difficult to describe "how to recover it."

What does it look like, and where should I be looking for it?

Regards,

Barry

Problem with Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.