You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple watch no notifications

my watch is paired with my phone, but somehow I can see my new calls or texts?

has someone experience same issue?

Posted on May 13, 2021 12:21 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 13, 2021 9:47 PM

In the Watch app on iPhone, check the Notifications section and that Messages is active and Allow Notifications is ticked.

Here is a very detailed checklist to check through as well, if incoming calls are not showing up:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8175134

For instance the Do Not Disturb mode being active could be the culprit.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 13, 2021 9:47 PM in response to lovebirds12

In the Watch app on iPhone, check the Notifications section and that Messages is active and Allow Notifications is ticked.

Here is a very detailed checklist to check through as well, if incoming calls are not showing up:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8175134

For instance the Do Not Disturb mode being active could be the culprit.

May 31, 2021 9:48 PM in response to Deatonable

Make sure Messages are still enabled under iCloud, and perhaps also toggle that setting OFF and then back ON.

Settings > Apple ID > iCloud > Messages

I noticed that my messages were not showing up on my iPad either, and this turned out to be the reason.

After toggling that setting I receive messages on apple watch, and perhaps more reliably when the iPhone is not nearby (?). In any case, this does not seem to be 100% reliable and you can miss a notification occasionally, maybe because of some sync or networking issue with iCloud.

apple watch no notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.