You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with external Synth when connected with USB

I have problems with all my external Synths when I connect them via USB to my macbook Pro and open Logic Pro X. Then they start to oscillate in a high pitch as if it would hold down a very high note. It will play the midi notes that I am sending out, but as soon as it is not sending a note, the high pitch returns. I tested it with several synths and I only have the problem when I am in Logic. It is not happening in Ableton. So it should be a Logic Problem. Midi Monitor is showing me a lot of sysEx messaging is going on, but I don´t know what that means. Anybody has a solve for this?

i am not using an usb hub or midi Interface

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 2, 2021 4:24 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 2, 2021 12:15 PM

Try going to the upper left Logic Pro Menu, select control surfaces, then select "Bypass All Control Surfaces"

Similar questions

2 replies

Problem with external Synth when connected with USB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.