You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

QuickTime won't save ("This operation could not be completed")

I tried splitting a video in quicktime player however I cannot save it as it comes up with an error message. that says "this operation could not be completed".I checked out some other replies where I could save it via file->mail but that doesn't work either. I cannot export the file either. Please help!!

Also, I'm using a macbook air from 2015 so the os is mac el capitan.

MacBook Air 13″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Mar 5, 2021 5:16 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2021 5:44 PM

i'm not 100% sure that it will help, but upgrading the MBA's macOS would be a good place to start. a 2015 MBA is capable of running macOS Big Sur. first, i would ensure you have at least 44.5 GB of free space. then click on the link below:

How to upgrade to macOS Big Sur - Apple Support

if you're not ready to jump to Big Sur, you should consider macOS Mojave 10.14, or macOS Catalina 10.15 for the improved security, if nothing else, as compared to el capitan.

edit: if you have any 32 bit apps and want to upgrade your OS, only go as far as mojave. apple dropped 32 bit apps with catalina

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 5, 2021 5:44 PM in response to linggluu

i'm not 100% sure that it will help, but upgrading the MBA's macOS would be a good place to start. a 2015 MBA is capable of running macOS Big Sur. first, i would ensure you have at least 44.5 GB of free space. then click on the link below:

How to upgrade to macOS Big Sur - Apple Support

if you're not ready to jump to Big Sur, you should consider macOS Mojave 10.14, or macOS Catalina 10.15 for the improved security, if nothing else, as compared to el capitan.

edit: if you have any 32 bit apps and want to upgrade your OS, only go as far as mojave. apple dropped 32 bit apps with catalina

QuickTime won't save ("This operation could not be completed")

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.