You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Print pdf in color

I have a macbook air and an HP printer. When I send a color webpage or pdf to the printer from the macbook, it prints in black and white. When I send the same document to the printer from the HP app on my android phone, it prints in color. I've updated all the HP software, successfully printed a color diagnostic page, checked toners. I'm pretty sure the problem isn't with the printer, at least not exclusively. I've tried different settings in the print dialog box on the macbook but with no success. There was a time I could print in color from my macbook to this same printer, but I didn't note when the failure started.

Posted on Mar 3, 2021 11:23 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2021 11:29 AM

Enter a search query such as HP LaserJet Pro xyzpdq macos drivers into Google or DuckDuckGo or another search engine.

Locate the current drivers at the HP website.

Check the installation documentation for those drivers.

Download the drivers and install the drivers.

While you're at the HP printer support webpage for your particular printer, also determine whether your printer has firmware that needs to be updated, and confirm the printer firmware is current. Some HP printers have user-upgradable firmware, some do not.

Try your color printing again.

You'll need to specify the exact HP product name in that query and not LaserJet Pro xyzpdq, as HP sometimes uses the same digits or similar-but-different printer model names for entirely different printers.

With the latest drivers installed, try your printing again.

If you'd like us to look that up wad of drivers for you, please post the specific model of HP printer here.

And if the particular printer supports AirPrint or IPP/IPPS printing, there can be other means of printing available here, without requiring vendor drivers.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 3, 2021 11:29 AM in response to marsmail

Enter a search query such as HP LaserJet Pro xyzpdq macos drivers into Google or DuckDuckGo or another search engine.

Locate the current drivers at the HP website.

Check the installation documentation for those drivers.

Download the drivers and install the drivers.

While you're at the HP printer support webpage for your particular printer, also determine whether your printer has firmware that needs to be updated, and confirm the printer firmware is current. Some HP printers have user-upgradable firmware, some do not.

Try your color printing again.

You'll need to specify the exact HP product name in that query and not LaserJet Pro xyzpdq, as HP sometimes uses the same digits or similar-but-different printer model names for entirely different printers.

With the latest drivers installed, try your printing again.

If you'd like us to look that up wad of drivers for you, please post the specific model of HP printer here.

And if the particular printer supports AirPrint or IPP/IPPS printing, there can be other means of printing available here, without requiring vendor drivers.

Print pdf in color

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.