You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to print in color on new imac

I am unable to print in color. I have a printer HP8720. I have tried everything including deleting and reinstalling the printer software. There seems to be no option available to chose black and white or color. I spent an hour on the telephone with Apple Support who were unable to solve the problem and suggested I go into store where I purchased it which was IQ in Guernsey. Helpful as they were they were not able to solve the problem! Help!!

interestingly I can print in color from my iPhone 13 straight to the printer but my IMAC will only print in black and white.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Mar 8, 2022 12:39 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply
2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 8, 2022 1:32 AM in response to dmillsgreen

Most odd. Have you updated the firmware on the printer? The most recent version is 2105A ( dated 5/4/21) is here. It's a long-shot but it might make a difference.

This is an AirPrint printer and I presume you are using Wi-Fi to connect from your Mac. The latest driver for Monterey (27/01/22) is here. Have you tried installing it as a USB printer to try printing in colour using a cable?

Unable to print in color on new imac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.