You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

💡 Did you know?

General and ongoing cleaning can help you maintain your AirPods or AirPods Pro.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Generation 2 Airpods do not fit after 1.5 years of use

I noticed a month or so ago that my Gen 2 Airpods dont fit in my ear any longer. I thought the sound was turned all the way down. I cleaned the speakers and have to hold them in my ears to achieve the sound quality i was getting the first 1.5 years. I tried silicon covers and still cannot. Is anyone else having the issue? Is it my ear changing or is it the actual material in the Airpods losing form and not fitting any longer? Im at a loss here. I could use the volume at slightly less than half and they sounded amazing! Now they sound terrible due to the deal not forming.

On a side note I also lost the ability to sync in stereo sound when using both pods. I can only use one at a time. Anything here as well?

Posted on Feb 24, 2021 6:54 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2021 4:00 PM

Hello,

Low volume is usually a symptom of needing to be cleaned. You might try again:

How to clean your AirPods and EarPods

If the two AirPods don't seem to work together, try a full reset:

Reset your AirPods

If no help, see this:

AirPods Service and Repair

Good luck.

Similar questions

2 replies

Feb 25, 2021 5:57 AM in response to MrBill3

its not a low volume as you can position it to make normal volume output. i did follow that guide and clean them once a week to avoid this buildup. my weekly cleaning took place before my issue as i started it after around a month. of ownership. thanks tho!

I am really concerned about either my ear canal has warped too big for the Airpods OR the casing on the airpods have warped.

Generation 2 Airpods do not fit after 1.5 years of use

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.