You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I make my Apple Watch pair to my phone if my watch doesn’t display the pairing animation?

my activity wasn’t syncing from my watch to my phone so I unpaired the two. Now, my watch seems to be running but it’s not paired with my phone. I don’t want to erase the Apple Watch cause I have important activity saved on it that I don’t want to lose in a reset. I’ve tried powering off and such but nothing is working. I can’t even do a software update on my watch because it requires permission from my phone which it is not connected to.

Apple Watch

Posted on Feb 17, 2021 2:32 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2021 5:35 PM

If you unpaired the watch from your iPhone, it should have created a backup (that contains your activities) on your iPhone. When you pair the watch with that iPhone, you should have the option of restoring the watch from that backup. See step 7 in:

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

and see step 4 in:

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 17, 2021 5:35 PM in response to Josiebuckale

If you unpaired the watch from your iPhone, it should have created a backup (that contains your activities) on your iPhone. When you pair the watch with that iPhone, you should have the option of restoring the watch from that backup. See step 7 in:

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

and see step 4 in:

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

How do I make my Apple Watch pair to my phone if my watch doesn’t display the pairing animation?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.