You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

change country/ region of app store

when i go to download an app on my iphone it says i need to changs the country from the japan store to the singapore store (where i am) and i when i go to change the country it says i need to cancel my apple music subscription, which i have already done so i just want to know

1) do i have to wait till my subscription expires (8th feb) to change my store? or is there a way for me to do it before that and

2) if i need to cancel my subscription to change from japan to singapore (the original setting) how did it change in the first place?

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 29, 2021 7:34 AM

1 reply

Jan 29, 2021 8:59 AM in response to kashi13

This alert states that your account is in the Singapore Store. You state that you are in Singapore. You may only use the store for the country in which you are a legal resident.

To use the Japanese Store you must be a legal resident of Japan, provide a Japanese payment method provided by a Japanese bank, with a local verifiable Japanese billing address. You can't change stores just because you want an app from that store.

As to your Apple Music question, Apple can answer that.

Get Support -

https://getsupport.apple.com/

M1 Mac mini, macOS 11.1; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 7.2; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 14.3; iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14.3; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14.3; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 14.3  HomePods, audioOS 14.3 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

change country/ region of app store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.