You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime and iMessage hacked iPhone 12

My wife’s new iPhone 12’s FaceTime and iMessage was hacked. How the heck does this happen? Her sister, also iPhone 8+, messaged her and my wife replied then a hacker chimed in the conversation.

how do we turn this off???

Posted on Jan 11, 2021 6:25 PM

2 replies

Jan 13, 2021 3:52 PM in response to Tolbert

Howdy Tolbert,

It’s great to have you in the Apple Support Community! We gather that you have some security concerns. We're happy to help out.

Please ensure that your iPhone is running the latest iOS version. You can find it by navigating to Settings > General > About. If not, updating would be appropriate. Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

Here are some great resources that will help you out with security issues:

Get help with security issues 

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised 

Report a security or privacy vulnerability

If you still have concerns about the security of your iPhone and Apple ID afterward, reach out here for additional support: Get Support

Best regards.

Jan 13, 2021 4:49 PM in response to mingoslkd

I think the issue is with my sister-in-law's iPhone 8. She had the messages that were from my wife's phone number (iPhone 12) and the person was asking her questions and he was replying to her.

She's in Toronto and we're in Arlington, TX, so I'm not sure what's up with her phone. Her husband works for the phone service and he was going to look into it.

Thanks for you help.

FaceTime and iMessage hacked iPhone 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.