You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot finish the update for my watch to re pair my watch to my phone.

I had to wipe my watch and now I’m trying to pair my 2nd generation Apple Watch but when I do it says it needs an update. When I click on the update the alert I get says this:

UNABLE TO CHECK FOR UPDATES

Checking for software update failed because you are not connected to the internet.

I am connected to WIFi with a strong signal. I’ve restarted both my phone and watch. Uninstalled the watch app and redownloaded it. I’m still coming up with the same message.

please help!

-Amy

Posted on Jan 11, 2021 3:39 PM

1 reply

Jan 13, 2021 2:00 PM in response to Amosmagoo

Hi Amy,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

We understand that you're attempting to update the watchOS but you're seeing an alert that you're unable to install the update. Check out this resource which will show you how to troubleshoot this message: If you see "Unable to install update" when trying to update Apple Watch Series 1 or Series 2

We hope this helps.

Take care!

Cannot finish the update for my watch to re pair my watch to my phone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.