You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Photos are no longer showing up as an option for uploads

When uploading new work to Adobe Portfolio or Society6 or similar, on my MacBook, Photos always came up as an option to choose the images from.

Now, not having knowingly altered any settings, the photos aren’t available to upload from and I have to go in a stupid round the houses way to get them, I have to airdrop them from my iPad Photos and then choose them from downloads.

What’s happened? How can I get Photos to show up again?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Dec 26, 2020 1:53 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2020 3:21 PM

Hi -

There seem to be a lot of reports of this issue at the moment. Sorry, I have no solution, but a better workaround is to export the images from the photos app to a folder, and upload them to your website (or whatever) from there.

Select the photos and go to file>export

4 replies

Dec 26, 2020 3:24 PM in response to TonyCollinet

Thank you Tony, yes, that’s what I’ve been doing, it’s such a palaver rather than the beautifully simple way it worked before, I wish they’d sort it out!

ive looked under all the settings and preferences that I can think of and can’t find anything to change it back

thank you for replying, I hope you’re having a nice Christmas and wish you a happy new year

My Photos are no longer showing up as an option for uploads

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.