You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Uploading photos

When trying to upload photos, example; like on Mercari, my dialog box does not show my photo files/folders? How can I show them?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Feb 22, 2023 5:41 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2023 8:25 AM

Sometimes the app or browser isn't up to date on the newest operating systems.

When I upload a picture to Google Images, I get a dialog like this:

I click on Photos to access my Photos Library, but it doesn't show albums-- it shows the beginning of thousands of pictures! I think that's what you're referring to. The most recent are first, so sometimes it works, but if I want an earlier picture I have to hunt for it. The search bar in the upper right lets me hunt for Grand Canyon, or whatever, which often helps make a smaller, more focused search.

But if I have several pictures I want to upload, I'll go into Photos and add a keyword like "forMercari" to the ones I want to upload. So then I can enter "forMercari" in the search box, and it'll show exactly the pictures I want.

Anyway, that's the best workaround until the apps catch up to the newer OS.

Let us know if this helps get you what you need...

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 22, 2023 8:25 AM in response to rosefromulster

Sometimes the app or browser isn't up to date on the newest operating systems.

When I upload a picture to Google Images, I get a dialog like this:

I click on Photos to access my Photos Library, but it doesn't show albums-- it shows the beginning of thousands of pictures! I think that's what you're referring to. The most recent are first, so sometimes it works, but if I want an earlier picture I have to hunt for it. The search bar in the upper right lets me hunt for Grand Canyon, or whatever, which often helps make a smaller, more focused search.

But if I have several pictures I want to upload, I'll go into Photos and add a keyword like "forMercari" to the ones I want to upload. So then I can enter "forMercari" in the search box, and it'll show exactly the pictures I want.

Anyway, that's the best workaround until the apps catch up to the newer OS.

Let us know if this helps get you what you need...

Uploading photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.