You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac OS Big Sure Issues.

I have a Macbook Air, 13 inch, 2018, compatible for Mac OS Big Sur. My Music playback control keys F7, F8 and F9 doesn't work when I upgraded. Tried even changing the Fn keys config in Keyboard Preferences. Any help or bug fix?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Dec 16, 2020 10:19 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2020 10:30 AM

Are you running any Virtual Machine software like VMWare Fusion, or Parallels?

If not, go to your keyboard preferences and under the keyboard tab, verify that the checkbox is UNCHECKED for "Use F1,F1, etc. keys as standard function keys".

If it is unchecked, are the other Apple function keys working normally? Screen brightness and F10,F11,F12 are working as expected? Do you have to press the Fn button on anything to make them work?

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 16, 2020 10:30 AM in response to emerbran88

Are you running any Virtual Machine software like VMWare Fusion, or Parallels?

If not, go to your keyboard preferences and under the keyboard tab, verify that the checkbox is UNCHECKED for "Use F1,F1, etc. keys as standard function keys".

If it is unchecked, are the other Apple function keys working normally? Screen brightness and F10,F11,F12 are working as expected? Do you have to press the Fn button on anything to make them work?

Mac OS Big Sure Issues.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.