You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

The new iPad mini is available today. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facetime failing on brand new ipad

I just got a brand new iPad 8 and am having major issues with facetime. I am logged in, have perfect wifi connection, yet very shortly after connecting with whomever im calling, it goes to poor connection and then shuts off. This does not happen on any other apple device. I have nothing to update because it is a brand new iPad, and I've tried quitting everything, restarting iPad, etc. Nothing. Please help!!

Posted on Dec 14, 2020 5:59 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2020 6:03 PM

Have you checked with the person that you are FaceTiming with? Are you sure it is on your end? Have you checked to see how it works if they FaceTime you? You can also check this support document for FaceTime calls. If you can't make a FaceTime call on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

4 replies

Dec 14, 2020 6:20 PM in response to Erfiddle

I'm not sure you understood my question, or I'm not understanding your answer. Did you have someone else try to FaceTime you on that iPad? Did you receive the call and did it work or did it fail?

If it failed, then I would turn FaceTime log out of FaceTime to turn it off. Then power cycle the iPad. Then go back and log back into FaceTime to activate it again and see if it activates.

Do you have any trouble with any other app that uses your wi-fi and internet?

Facetime failing on brand new ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.