You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime Not Working

So just recently, when I FaceTime someone and i move around, it randomly hangs up, then when i try to FaceTime them again, it says they are connecting but then it hangs up and it does that every time i try to make a facetime audio and normal facetime. I know it doesn’t just work with that one person i always facetime because i’ve tried to facetime other people and the same thing happens. i’ve tried restarting my network settings and rebooting my ipad but it still doesn’t work. please let me know if i can try anything else or i should get something on my ipad fixed.

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jul 13, 2021 11:53 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2021 5:15 PM

As described, you appear to have a problem with the WiFi signal from your WiFi Router when you are moving around. This would suggest that the radio signal is being blocked by objects or walls - or perhaps have a source of radio interference from appliances or neighbouring WiFi networks.

To determine the actual cause, you will need to experiment. Start by getting close to your router - and test stability of the connection as you move around. If the signal is good, move a little further away. Slowly map-out where the signal is good - versus those places where the signal is poor. Look for obstructions (WiFi is generally line-sight), in particular metal or appliances (which may be on the other side of a wall). Solid walls will heavily attenuate the WiFi signal, whereas stud walls (a.k.a. drywall) is almost transparent to radio signals.

When you better understand your “radio environment”, you’ll be better able to understand the potential source of difficulties. It may be necessary to install WiFi extenders, or wired WiFi Access Points to extend WiFi network coverage.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 13, 2021 5:15 PM in response to axrelia

As described, you appear to have a problem with the WiFi signal from your WiFi Router when you are moving around. This would suggest that the radio signal is being blocked by objects or walls - or perhaps have a source of radio interference from appliances or neighbouring WiFi networks.

To determine the actual cause, you will need to experiment. Start by getting close to your router - and test stability of the connection as you move around. If the signal is good, move a little further away. Slowly map-out where the signal is good - versus those places where the signal is poor. Look for obstructions (WiFi is generally line-sight), in particular metal or appliances (which may be on the other side of a wall). Solid walls will heavily attenuate the WiFi signal, whereas stud walls (a.k.a. drywall) is almost transparent to radio signals.

When you better understand your “radio environment”, you’ll be better able to understand the potential source of difficulties. It may be necessary to install WiFi extenders, or wired WiFi Access Points to extend WiFi network coverage.

FaceTime Not Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.