You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple Watch is connected to my broken phone and I factory reset it and still can’t get it to work how can I make it work again it’s a series 3

I have a series 3 Apple Watch and it was connected to my old phone but I broke the screen and had to get a new one and I have been unable to reconnect to the Apple Watch and I’ve done the factory reset

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 6, 2020 8:33 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2020 11:05 PM

You need to remove the Watch from your Apple ID -

1. Go to icloud.com and login
  2. Open Find iPhone.
  3. In the All Devices pulldown menu select your Watch.
  4. In the resulting sheet that appears to the right choose erase Apple Watch.
  5. Then Remove the watch from your Apple ID.

Now it should be ready to set up as a new watch with your new iPhone.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 11.0.1; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 7.1; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 14.2; iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14.2; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14.2.1; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 14.2  HomePods, audioOS 14.1 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 6, 2020 11:05 PM in response to corbin113

You need to remove the Watch from your Apple ID -

1. Go to icloud.com and login
  2. Open Find iPhone.
  3. In the All Devices pulldown menu select your Watch.
  4. In the resulting sheet that appears to the right choose erase Apple Watch.
  5. Then Remove the watch from your Apple ID.

Now it should be ready to set up as a new watch with your new iPhone.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 11.0.1; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 7.1; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 14.2; iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14.2; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14.2.1; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 14.2  HomePods, audioOS 14.1 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

My Apple Watch is connected to my broken phone and I factory reset it and still can’t get it to work how can I make it work again it’s a series 3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.