You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Backup iPhone 12 Pro Max to iCloud

I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max that I'm trying to back up to iCloud. I have about 13g I want to back up. I have 50g of iCloud storage. When I try to back up, it starts and just sits where it is without the blue line moving and with the little grey "star" moving. I've signed out and signed back in to iCloud. When that didn't work I reset all my settings and tried again. The same thing happens. I can back it up to iCloud on my MBP but not on my iPhone. I've deleted all previous old backups of my previous phone, but nothing seems to help. I have it plugged in while trying. I also tried last night, locked screen and plugged in. What else can I try? I have a full backup on my MBP, but I really don't want to do a complete start over, as I have an app that keeps track of my daily progress on something and I would lose over two years of tracking on it. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you for help that you can provide.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 22, 2020 1:27 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2020 6:46 PM

If the backup is failing here are some things to try - If you can't back up to iCloud or restore from iCloud backup failed - Apple Support.

1 reply

Can't Backup iPhone 12 Pro Max to iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.