You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Buying new phone

Hey

i am willing to buy new 12 pro max on financing

i just want to ask if i trade in my iphone 8

will apple directly cut from the total of my new phone or it will take time

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 18, 2020 9:05 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2020 9:13 AM

It will deduct from the total price of the device after taxes have been applied, and then calculate your monthly payments based of off that new price.

So if the iPhone 12 you choose is $999, then add taxes ends up at $1100 then the value of the iPhone 8 will be subtracted from that total. So you end up with $949 for example then that $949 is what gets distributed into the financed monthly payments.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 18, 2020 9:13 AM in response to U_ta

It will deduct from the total price of the device after taxes have been applied, and then calculate your monthly payments based of off that new price.

So if the iPhone 12 you choose is $999, then add taxes ends up at $1100 then the value of the iPhone 8 will be subtracted from that total. So you end up with $949 for example then that $949 is what gets distributed into the financed monthly payments.

Nov 18, 2020 11:04 AM in response to U_ta

It depends on how you purchase your new phone. If you buy in an Apple store you can trade in your phone on the spot. If you can't buy from an Apple store directly, you order your new phone, identify the trade at the time of order and once you've received your new phone, you'll receive a box with instructions how to send the phone back in. Once the phone has been received and evaluated by Apple's partner, if there is a disparity in the condition you identified, they can tell you the phone is worth less than what you were expecting and you either accept the reduction of ask for the phone to be returned to you.

Buying new phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.