You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use my Apple Watch abroad?

Hi! I’ve been wanting to get an Apple Watch for quite some time now.

I was thinking about getting the series 6 and since I’m an exchange student from Italy, I was wondering if when I go back to my home country - in 2022 - I’ll be able to use my Apple Watch when I out my Italian SIM card into my iPhone!

thank you in advance,

Stella.

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 16, 2020 9:07 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2020 2:26 PM

There are 2 cellular radios

• Canada, U.S., Mexico, Puerto Rico
  • The rest of the world.

If you are an exchange student in the 1st group, then NO, your Apple Watch cellular will not work. It will behave as if it was a GPS only Apple Watch.

So either get a GPS only Apple Watch, and just have your iPhone nearby for calls, texting and messaging, etc... or wait until you get back home before you buy a Cellular Apple Watch.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 16, 2020 2:26 PM in response to stxxar

There are 2 cellular radios

• Canada, U.S., Mexico, Puerto Rico
  • The rest of the world.

If you are an exchange student in the 1st group, then NO, your Apple Watch cellular will not work. It will behave as if it was a GPS only Apple Watch.

So either get a GPS only Apple Watch, and just have your iPhone nearby for calls, texting and messaging, etc... or wait until you get back home before you buy a Cellular Apple Watch.

Can I use my Apple Watch abroad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.