You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shocked by Apples customer service

My 5 year olds thumb was able to make in app purchases for $400 and Apple is refusing to give me a refund.

Posted on Nov 8, 2020 4:32 PM

10 replies

Nov 8, 2020 5:00 PM in response to YayWhat77

you could maybe try cleaning off the home button and then re-teaching the finger you normally use (deleting the old one of course). Do some expirimenting to see if he can still access it. If he can, try a different finger. so on and so forth.

If he continues to have access, then you could turn off the ability to use Touch ID for the App Store in Settings > Touch ID & Passcode.

Nov 8, 2020 5:15 PM in response to YayWhat77

no biometric feature is perfect on these devices. Apple's own documentation puts the statistics at 1 in 50000 can defeat it with a single enrolled finger (so if you have more fingers enrolled, that number comes down).

It seems that you and your son must fall into this slim situation. I personally have yet to see a post like yours on these forums. I actually see more inquiries about Face ID working for family members/twins.. and Face ID is supposed to be even more secure.

About Touch ID advanced security technology - Apple Support

Shocked by Apples customer service

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.