You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In-app purchases by a minor refund rejection

My 8-year old usually would ask for permission to buy anything online. He recently downloaded a game called Dragon Tamer. Last two days he acciddently bought some gems worth around A$700. There were repeated purchases within few minutes, showing clearly this was not his intention, and these were unauthorised purchases. I asked Apple for refund but it was rejected without giving any reason. Now I'm helpless. Any advise how I could escalate this issue? Any consumer protection help?

Posted on Feb 11, 2021 2:54 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2021 9:46 AM

Just so you know, giving your child access to your device and allowing him to make purchases, is authorizing the purchases.

If you haven't spoken to Apple directly do so and make your case. Should the 1st tier agent not allow the refund, calmy & firmly request that your case be elevated to customer relations.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 11.2; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 7.3; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 14.4; iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14.4; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14.4; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 14.;  HomePods, audioOS 14.4 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 11, 2021 9:46 AM in response to azim20

Just so you know, giving your child access to your device and allowing him to make purchases, is authorizing the purchases.

If you haven't spoken to Apple directly do so and make your case. Should the 1st tier agent not allow the refund, calmy & firmly request that your case be elevated to customer relations.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 11.2; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 7.3; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 14.4; iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14.4; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14.4; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 14.;  HomePods, audioOS 14.4 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

In-app purchases by a minor refund rejection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.