You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding Other Versions of an Album to my Library

I’ve noticed an issue where if I have an album in my library and there are other versions of that album in Apple Music (either deluxe versions or clean version, for example) it seems like I’m not allowed to add more than one of those versions to my library. Is this the way it’s intended to work? Or is there a fix I can do to add both?

As a specific example, I have the standard version of Eminem’s Encore album. If I add the deluxe version to my library it goes through the whole animation, says “added to library” and the + signs next to each song change to the cloud signs, but then a few seconds later they all on their own turn back to + signs and that deluxe version is not in my library.

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 24, 2020 6:49 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2020 7:07 AM

Hello PKing. I've had this problem over the years. When I have a track that "clashes" with another, making iTunes think it's the same song, I use [command] i, the Get Info on the track and change something on all the tracks on one of the albums. Adding or removing a composer name, changing the sorting, thee genre, and other settings will work. I don't have an example to show you, but here is a screen shot of some of the tabs you can use. Good fortune. =)

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 24, 2020 7:07 AM in response to PKing1123

Hello PKing. I've had this problem over the years. When I have a track that "clashes" with another, making iTunes think it's the same song, I use [command] i, the Get Info on the track and change something on all the tracks on one of the albums. Adding or removing a composer name, changing the sorting, thee genre, and other settings will work. I don't have an example to show you, but here is a screen shot of some of the tabs you can use. Good fortune. =)

Adding Other Versions of an Album to my Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.