You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My AppleID is being used by possible hacker even though two factor authentication is on

Hi, for a few months now I have been getting an e-mail from apple every once in a while (maybe once a month) that my Apple ID is being used for iMessage on a computer/ipad/iphone I do not recognise. Each time I change my password, and I have two-factor authentication turned on, so I am clueless as to how this keeps happening and why I never get a two-factor authentication notification on my phone when this happens. Is there anything I can do about this? Like take even more security steps?

I receive these notification e-mails from noreply@email.apple.com in my native language and specifically addressed to my name, so this seems legit. But of course I never click on any of the links in the e-mail just to be sure.

Posted on Oct 20, 2020 4:11 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2020 9:32 AM

If you aren't getting a verification code, the emails sound suspicious even though they address you by your correct name.

You can try doing a name change. Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change.        

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support    I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 20, 2020 9:32 AM in response to 8bluegreen7

If you aren't getting a verification code, the emails sound suspicious even though they address you by your correct name.

You can try doing a name change. Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change.        

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support    I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

My AppleID is being used by possible hacker even though two factor authentication is on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.