You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watch Activity Rings Greyed Out / Not Working

Hi,

two days ago my watch stopped recording any activity. It is connected to my phone, both devices are up to date and all permissions are on. I haven’t changed any settings.

all of a sodden activity rings stay blank all day, and when I tap on them it opens a black screen on the watch instead of my summary. Need help 😬

Apple Watch, watchOS 3

Posted on Sep 28, 2020 5:02 PM

1 reply

Oct 5, 2020 11:50 AM in response to anatho

Hey anatho,

It sounds like you're having an issue with Activity rings not showing properly on your Apple Watch. We can understand wanting to get that resolved. We want to help.

First, we'd recommend unpairing and then pairing your Apple Watch to see if that helps: Unpair and erase your Apple Watch

If that doesn't resolve the issue, we'd then recommend ensuring your health data is backed up on your iPhone, by going to Settings > [your name] > iCloud. Turn Health on if it isn't already on. Then, tap Settings > [your name] > iCloud > iCloud Backup >“Back Up Now.”  Once the backup is completed, we'd suggest erasing your iPhone by going to Settings > General > Reset. Tap Erase All Content and Settings, and then restoring it from your iCloud backup using the steps in the following article: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup

If those steps don't resolve the issue, we'd recommend contacting Apple Support for further assistance here: Get Support

Thanks!

Watch Activity Rings Greyed Out / Not Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.