You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

”iOS 14 failed verification because you are no longer connected to the Internet.”

hello

I am trying to install iOS 14 and meanwhile I am connected to the network.

when i push the install now button, it says:

”iOS 14 failed verification because you are no longer connected to the Internet.”

I have been connected to my wifi for almost 2 years and it doesn’t make sense!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone XS Max, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 21, 2020 7:38 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2020 12:43 PM

Hello DardZyla,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

We understand from your post that you have not been able to install the iOS 14 update because you are receiving an error saying, "OS 14 failed verification because you are no longer connected to the Internet." In a situation like this first restart your iPhone.

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

If the issue persists, then remove and download the update again using the steps from this article:

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch won’t update - Apple Support

"Remove and download the update again

If you still can't install the latest version of iOS or iPadOS, try downloading the update again:

1. Go to Settings > General > [Device name] Storage.
  2. Find the update in the list of apps.
  3. Tap the update, then tap Delete Update.
  4. Go to Settings > General > Software Update and download the latest update.

If you don’t see the update in the list of apps or if the issue happens again, you need to update your device with your computer using Finder or iTunes."

Best Regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 26, 2020 12:43 PM in response to DardZyla

Hello DardZyla,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

We understand from your post that you have not been able to install the iOS 14 update because you are receiving an error saying, "OS 14 failed verification because you are no longer connected to the Internet." In a situation like this first restart your iPhone.

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

If the issue persists, then remove and download the update again using the steps from this article:

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch won’t update - Apple Support

"Remove and download the update again

If you still can't install the latest version of iOS or iPadOS, try downloading the update again:

1. Go to Settings > General > [Device name] Storage.
  2. Find the update in the list of apps.
  3. Tap the update, then tap Delete Update.
  4. Go to Settings > General > Software Update and download the latest update.

If you don’t see the update in the list of apps or if the issue happens again, you need to update your device with your computer using Finder or iTunes."

Best Regards.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.