You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple mail preview dark mode issue

In apple mail the preview pane doesn't always stsy 'dark',often when message is selected, the preview is 'white' (even sometimes when deselecting and reselecting the message)

This wouldn't worry me if dark mode was disabled, but it's annoying, particularly it only happends to selective inbound email.

Apple seems to think it's incompatible with Microsoft Exchange from the sender, which i guess could be true, but seems to warrent a 'fix'

Any way around this ? (Apart from turning Off dark mode, that is)

anyone run into same issue ?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Sep 20, 2020 7:05 AM

4 replies

Sep 21, 2020 8:17 PM in response to Tech198

Tech198 wrote:

This wouldn't make sense because my mate uses Microsoft Exchange 2013 at work... He doesn't change he's background color. But i get his email in "dark background" on mail (1st screenshot)

Any email sent as plain text will have a dark background.

Apple discussions.. i get with white background as below always (2nd screenshot):

Apple does not send plain text emails.

Apple mail preview dark mode issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.