You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

The new iPad mini is available today. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad prompting to enter passcode for Other iPhone

I have a new iPad (7th gen) that replaced my iPad Air 2. I also have an iPhone 7. Both are company provided, and managed with an MDM. I have set the passcode the same on both devices. However, on the iPad, I am prompted in the settings to update my Apple ID Settings. After signing-in with my password, entering my passcode, I get another prompt that says "Enter iPhone Passcode". It wants the passcode I use to unlock my iPhone. The prompt correctly displays the name of the iPhone. After entering the code that I know is right, it says "Enter the passcode for your other iPhone, not the passcode for this iPad". Well... They're the same code. I don't see any way to continue. What do I do with this?

iPad, iPadOS 13

Posted on Sep 10, 2020 12:22 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2020 1:23 PM

Hello JlambEJG,

We understand your iPad is not accepting the iPhone passcode because they are the same. We'd love to assist with getting the issue resolved. Just to verify, if you change the iPhone passcode temporarily, does it accept it on the iPad?

Have a great day!

Similar questions

3 replies

ipad prompting to enter passcode for Other iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.