You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

The new iPad mini is available today. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have tried doing what Apple suggest, I need help resetting my IPad to factory settings, because I forgot the Passcode

I need to reset my IPad it is disabled

Posted on Sep 8, 2020 7:17 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2020 7:38 AM

Hi there LizzieBlonde65,

Thanks for posting. Being able to regain access to your disabled iPad is certainly important. We're glad to help out.

To clarify, did you use these exact steps to put your iPad into recovery mode to restore? If you forgot the passcode on your iPad, or your iPad is disabled

If you're seeing an error when you try restoring, see if this helps: If you see an error when you update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod

If that doesn't resolve the issue, let us know what specifically happens when you try restoring in recovery mode.

Take care.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 9, 2020 7:38 AM in response to LizzieBlonde65

Hi there LizzieBlonde65,

Thanks for posting. Being able to regain access to your disabled iPad is certainly important. We're glad to help out.

To clarify, did you use these exact steps to put your iPad into recovery mode to restore? If you forgot the passcode on your iPad, or your iPad is disabled

If you're seeing an error when you try restoring, see if this helps: If you see an error when you update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod

If that doesn't resolve the issue, let us know what specifically happens when you try restoring in recovery mode.

Take care.

I have tried doing what Apple suggest, I need help resetting my IPad to factory settings, because I forgot the Passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.