You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IMessage Issue

Hi, I’ve been having this strange issue for a really long time and I don’t know if it’s just my carrier that has been acting up or it’s just the iPhone itself. I have this problem when I want to send a message to an Android user, my message would immediately not go through and would say “not delivered”, I would click the “not delivered” option to resend the message, but it still wouldn’t go through. When it comes to verification in apps that uses a phone number, I never see the message at all and it never appears because it’s an outside user and not an Apple product. I found out that the only users I can message are users with an Apple product, it sends with no problem. The same thing happens with group chats that involve Android users like I don’t see their texts and only see the Apple users texts only or even the group chat doesn’t show up because there’s android users. I used to never have this problem and I could text everyone freely, but now I can’t even text people with an Android. Is there something to fix this? I’ve tried everything from completely resetting my phone and turning on and off my IMessage, nothing seems to work.

iPhone XS

Posted on Aug 28, 2020 4:06 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2020 4:19 AM

It sounds like you are only using the iMessage network (Apple's Internet-based messages network exclusive to Apple devices) and don't have properly working or enabled SMS text messaging through your cellular carrier working (required to talk to Android devices or other GSM devices like simple 'feature' phones, old Nokia Symbian phones, Microsoft Windows Mobile phones, etc).

This explains how that works very nicely:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207006

You'll want to go to Settings > Messages and make sure you have SMS enabled and (presumably) you do have an active cellular plan through your mobile carrier.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 28, 2020 4:19 AM in response to cookednoodles

It sounds like you are only using the iMessage network (Apple's Internet-based messages network exclusive to Apple devices) and don't have properly working or enabled SMS text messaging through your cellular carrier working (required to talk to Android devices or other GSM devices like simple 'feature' phones, old Nokia Symbian phones, Microsoft Windows Mobile phones, etc).

This explains how that works very nicely:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207006

You'll want to go to Settings > Messages and make sure you have SMS enabled and (presumably) you do have an active cellular plan through your mobile carrier.

IMessage Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.