You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imessage app not working

how do i fix this ? my messages are going green and it wont deliver. i know im not blocked or the other person has an android, it just randomly started doing this. any ideas? It also says verifying when I go to messages in settings, it never gets verified. (pictures below)

iPhone XR, iOS 16

Posted on Mar 9, 2023 3:09 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2023 3:35 PM

You have no signal on your iPhone. Yes, you have Wi-Fi, but not Cellular connection, which is required to send normal Text Messages. You can see it says SOS at the top, above your signal bar next to your Wi-Fi icon.

Try restarting your iPhone, and remember to enter the PIN code for your SIM/eSIM card when it turns on again, so that the phone can connect to your carrier's network. If you still cannot get a signal, you must contact your carrier.

You can find more useful information here:

If you see No Service, Searching, or SOS on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 9, 2023 3:35 PM in response to fwpassive

You have no signal on your iPhone. Yes, you have Wi-Fi, but not Cellular connection, which is required to send normal Text Messages. You can see it says SOS at the top, above your signal bar next to your Wi-Fi icon.

Try restarting your iPhone, and remember to enter the PIN code for your SIM/eSIM card when it turns on again, so that the phone can connect to your carrier's network. If you still cannot get a signal, you must contact your carrier.

You can find more useful information here:

If you see No Service, Searching, or SOS on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Mar 9, 2023 6:51 PM in response to fwpassive

Hehe yes, I'm sure of that. However, contact your carrier anyway so that you can find a solution so that you can get your SIM card opened again.

imessage app not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.