You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hello, I have downloaded an app did not realize there were charges for it, I would like to cancel and and cannot figure out how can someone pls assist me?

Would like to cancel an app

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 22, 2020 10:44 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2020 10:48 AM

How to request a refund

1. Go to reportaproblem.apple.com
  2. Sign in with your Apple ID and password.
  3. If you see the "Report" or "Report a Problem" button next to the item that you want to request a refund for, click it.
  4. Follow the instructions on the page to choose the reason why you want a refund and submit your request.

If you can't request a refund on reportaproblem.apple.com

If the charge is pending, you canʼt request a refund yet. After the charge goes through, try to request a refund again.

If you have an unpaid order, you need to pay for that order before you request a refund. You might need to update your payment information.

Read more: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204084

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 22, 2020 10:48 AM in response to Nate1282

How to request a refund

1. Go to reportaproblem.apple.com
  2. Sign in with your Apple ID and password.
  3. If you see the "Report" or "Report a Problem" button next to the item that you want to request a refund for, click it.
  4. Follow the instructions on the page to choose the reason why you want a refund and submit your request.

If you can't request a refund on reportaproblem.apple.com

If the charge is pending, you canʼt request a refund yet. After the charge goes through, try to request a refund again.

If you have an unpaid order, you need to pay for that order before you request a refund. You might need to update your payment information.

Read more: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204084

Aug 22, 2020 10:49 AM in response to Nate1282

You can’t cancel a purchase. You can request a refund but Apple usually only grants refunds if the app doesn’t work or doesn’t work as advertised. An accidental purchase isn’t grounds for a refund, but, you can always try.

Request a refund for apps or content that you bought from Apple - Apple Support

If the app has a subscription associated with it, you will have to cancel the subscription on your own.

See or cancel your subscriptions - Apple Support

Aug 22, 2020 4:25 PM in response to louiestar9

I had no idea. Thanks for heads up. This clause is interesting and I’m not sure how to interpret it.

Exception to the right of cancellation

You cannot cancel your order for the supply of Content if the delivery has started upon your request and acknowledgement that you thereby lose your cancellation right.

Delivery of content to me means downloading an app. If you downloaded the app, then content has been delivered, but I’m no lawyer so I have no idea what that means either.

Hello, I have downloaded an app did not realize there were charges for it, I would like to cancel and and cannot figure out how can someone pls assist me?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.