You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes sync error 54

Since getting a new pc and putting itunes on it and making a new music library. I have not been able to put my music onto my ipod touch 4th gen. Because its so old I thought the problem was the ipod so I brought a new ipod touch but I'm still having the same problem with it. I get this error message ipod touch can not be synced an unknown error has occured (-54). It seems to be putting the music on but the error message keeps coming up I click ok and it keeps going but after about it showing up 20+ times it then says to many files oppen and it stops syncing and all the music is greyed out on ipod. Is anyone having this problem or nows how to fix it.

iPod, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 20, 2020 1:20 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2020 11:02 AM

Perhaps this article will help:

If you see error -54 when you sync with your computer - Apple Support

1 reply

itunes sync error 54

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.