You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

External microphone not connecting to MacBook Pro

Hello!

I have a 2017 MacBook Pro. I've started running a podcast, and on top of that I also make videos, so I have a Rode Videomic Go for both of those.

I attempted earlier to connect my microphone to my Mac's headphone jack, but it didn't work. I ended up doing some research online, and found multiple Apple communities saying to get the USBC to 3.5 mm adapter for my Mac, which I did. It just came today, and I immediately plugged it and the microphone into my computer.

I went to my system preferences, and went to change the microphone from internal to external. However, it is not working. I know both the mic and the USBC are securely plugged in but it's not working at all.

I was wondering if there's something I did wrong, if it's the wrong adapter, what happened basically. I'm still going to use the adapter even if it's the wrong one, but I need to know if I need to buy another one. Thank you.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jul 9, 2020 1:07 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2020 5:59 PM

Open Audio Midi Setup & see if you can add it there.

2 replies

External microphone not connecting to MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.