You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Intermittent uncontrollable excess movement of cursor & extreme magnification of browser windows

Does anyone have a solution to these two linked problems? I've spoke with three different Apple Tech support people, tried a new wifi Magic Mouse (no better than my 2014 USB-connected mouse), tried SMC. Nothing works. The problems occur while I'm in Safari and Firefox and using the mouse on my Desktop but not in Adobe Creative Suite. They are intermittent but getting more and more frequent. It's probably coincidental but both problems have stopped since I signed into the Apple Support Communities.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Apr 26, 2020 5:46 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2020 6:13 PM

Hello,

It sounds like you have already gone through all of the troubleshooting tips that we could suggest. You may need to reinstall macOS.

How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - Apple Support

2 replies

Apr 26, 2020 7:06 PM in response to QuickPost

Thanks! I'm behind, still on El Capitan 10.11.6 so theoretically should be at OS Catalina. I just need to find out if Adobe Creative Suite 6 is compatible (are they 64-bitapplications?) with Catalina. If not, then I'll just upgrade to Mojave which supports 32-bit according to the last Apple Tech Support I spoke to. Question, do I need to install from MacOS Recovery if I'm upgrading to a new OS rather than reinstalling El Capitan?

Intermittent uncontrollable excess movement of cursor & extreme magnification of browser windows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.