You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't update OS Software to to latest from Version 10.11.6

Hi All,

I purchased my I Mac second hand from a power seller selling refurbished ones from E-bay (2007 model). Now, when I try and load the latest music production software such as Logic Pro X, I am getting this message:

"Update Unavailable with this Apple ID

This update is not available for this Apple ID either because it was bought by a different user or the item was refunded or cancelled"

So obviously my ID was not accepted. Therefore, is there any quick way round this other than getting back to the seller from E-bay? Thanks

Regards

KalimNas

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on Apr 22, 2020 6:02 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2020 6:04 PM

Hello,

This means that the application, in this case Logic Pro, was purchased under a different Apple ID. You would have to delete this copy of Logic Pro from this Macintosh. Unfortunately due to the age of this Macintosh you would not be able to purchase Logic Pro from the App Store as this iMac model is obsolete and no longer runs the latest version of macOS. An iMac (2007) is not powerful enough for modern music production.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 22, 2020 6:04 PM in response to KalimNas

Hello,

This means that the application, in this case Logic Pro, was purchased under a different Apple ID. You would have to delete this copy of Logic Pro from this Macintosh. Unfortunately due to the age of this Macintosh you would not be able to purchase Logic Pro from the App Store as this iMac model is obsolete and no longer runs the latest version of macOS. An iMac (2007) is not powerful enough for modern music production.

Can't update OS Software to to latest from Version 10.11.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.