You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Pro X preinstalled can not update

I just bought my macbook 13 pro from Apple Store in with Final Cut Pro X preinstalled on it. It was version 10.3 that came preinstalled. Now the 10.3.1 update is out and I would like to update. Then I can't open my Final Cut Pro asked because my version is not compatible with the new Mac Update OS VENTURA. So I have to update my Final Cut Pro app.

When I go into the app store I see the update for Final Cut Pro X in the list. When I click update, The app store tells me that "Final Cut Pro cannot be updated because it was refunded or purchased with a different Apple ID". IT IS NOT TRUE. It hasn't been refunded at all, the only reason it might be is because I bought the mac with the app preinstalled so someone might used their Apple ID to purchase it (one time purchase). HOW CAN I KNOW THAT PERSON? I only use my Apple ID and now when I update my MAC andn update the Final cut app, my Apple ID is not compatible. IT IS SO FRUSTRATING. I USE MY FINAL CUT PRO APP FOR MY WORK. Please help!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Nov 13, 2022 10:25 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2022 10:28 PM

Click here and accept it into your Apple ID.

(228710)

1 reply

Final Cut Pro X preinstalled can not update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.