You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Charging issue after an update iOS 13.4.1 in my iPhone X

After an update to iOS 13.4.1. My iPhone X is not charging above the 80% and same problem for brother’s iPhone XR.

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 16, 2020 6:47 AM

3 replies

Apr 17, 2020 7:13 AM in response to JayeshKakad

Hi JayeshKakad,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. I understand you’re having an issue with the charging of the battery on your iPhone X and on your brother's iPhone XR.

There’s a new feature with iOS 13 called Optimized Battery Charging. This feature allows the on-device machine learning to learn your charging habits. To improve the life of your battery it will wait to use your iPhone to finish charging past 80%. You can learn more about this feature in this article: About Optimized Battery Charging on your iPhone

If you’d like to turn off the Optimized Battery Charging you can do so by going to Settings > Battery > Battery Health. 

All the best.

Charging issue after an update iOS 13.4.1 in my iPhone X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.