You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activating new iphone

I have purchased a newer iphone and I am not very tech savvy. Is it best to go to an Apple store to activate or to go to my carrier?

iPhone 5c, iOS 10

Posted on Feb 5, 2020 9:28 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2020 9:41 AM

I disagree.

Go to An Apple store, if you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself. The Carrier should be the last option and only if the cell service is not working correctly after setup has been completed. Your carrier has nothing to do with activating the iPhone itself, only the actual service if something is wrong.

If you want to do it yourself, just follow the onscreen prompts during set up and see here for more details: Set up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 5, 2020 9:41 AM in response to wantnewsoftware

I disagree.

Go to An Apple store, if you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself. The Carrier should be the last option and only if the cell service is not working correctly after setup has been completed. Your carrier has nothing to do with activating the iPhone itself, only the actual service if something is wrong.

If you want to do it yourself, just follow the onscreen prompts during set up and see here for more details: Set up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Activating new iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.