You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will Apple activate my new phone or will I have to go to Sprint?

Hi,

I'm wanting to purchase the iPhone SE, my current carrier is Sprint, will Apple activate my new phone or will I have to go to Sprint?

Karen

​[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Mar 25, 2021 11:31 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2021 11:34 AM

If you go to an Apple store they will activate it. If you buy it online and have it shipped to you (or you use curbside pickup) you will have to activate it, but you can do that just by moving the SIM card from your old phone to your new phone. Or call Sprint and have them activate the eSIM in the phone.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 25, 2021 11:34 AM in response to Cooperkw

If you go to an Apple store they will activate it. If you buy it online and have it shipped to you (or you use curbside pickup) you will have to activate it, but you can do that just by moving the SIM card from your old phone to your new phone. Or call Sprint and have them activate the eSIM in the phone.

Will Apple activate my new phone or will I have to go to Sprint?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.