You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to regain access to a DVD for a application again

I loaded a DVD into my mac started a application to access the disk! when my mac asked for permissions to access the external drive I hit no instead of yes by accident! How do I regain the right to access the The drive again! Help I can not now access a external dvd or internal dvd drive for this application now?

MacBook Pro 13", OS X 10.11

Posted on Jan 5, 2020 4:33 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2020 4:36 AM

Garyhjr7 Said:

How to regain access to a DVD for a application again: [...]How do I regain the right to access the The drive again! Help I can not now access a external dvd or internal dvd drive for this application now?

———-

Regaining Access:

Go Here: Change permissions for files, folders, or disks on Mac - Apple Support

Use a New, Temporary Administrator.

Plug in the disk to your computer while using this. If need be create a new administrator to regain access to your current user. Do so, in System Preferences > Users & Groups > Unlock it > Click the “+” > Create an Administrator User

You can then, delete the Temporary Administrator user once all is completed.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 6, 2020 4:36 AM in response to Garyhjr7

Garyhjr7 Said:

How to regain access to a DVD for a application again: [...]How do I regain the right to access the The drive again! Help I can not now access a external dvd or internal dvd drive for this application now?

———-

Regaining Access:

Go Here: Change permissions for files, folders, or disks on Mac - Apple Support

Use a New, Temporary Administrator.

Plug in the disk to your computer while using this. If need be create a new administrator to regain access to your current user. Do so, in System Preferences > Users & Groups > Unlock it > Click the “+” > Create an Administrator User

You can then, delete the Temporary Administrator user once all is completed.

How to regain access to a DVD for a application again

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.