You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why would I pay for this?

Why would I pay for a subscription to Apple TV?

Posted on Dec 30, 2019 7:56 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2019 2:07 AM

Why would you pay for any streaming service? To see their specific content.

The subscription is for Apple TV+ (note the distinguishing ‘plus’), a streaming service with Apple-produced content. Subscribing to this service is the way to see these ‘Apple Originals’, as they are called. You can see the current shows on this page or this page, or differently organized (including upcoming) at the Wiki.

A lot of subscribers will have gotten a free year worth with a hardware purchase. I wonder if Apple will share those statistics in an upcoming event.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 31, 2019 2:07 AM in response to JemFleur

Why would you pay for any streaming service? To see their specific content.

The subscription is for Apple TV+ (note the distinguishing ‘plus’), a streaming service with Apple-produced content. Subscribing to this service is the way to see these ‘Apple Originals’, as they are called. You can see the current shows on this page or this page, or differently organized (including upcoming) at the Wiki.

A lot of subscribers will have gotten a free year worth with a hardware purchase. I wonder if Apple will share those statistics in an upcoming event.

Why would I pay for this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.