You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPHONE NOT BACKING UP PROPERLY PLS HELP

Trying to back up my phone (Mostly for my photos) before I trade it in for a newer model and it will only back up the most recent 10 photos. I have tried everything from restarting my phone, making sure all my settings are correct. I have more than enough storage but bought more just in case and nothing is working. I have followed just about every help/tutorial on this matter and nothing is working. Please help!

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 18, 2019 4:02 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2019 4:10 PM

Are you trying to back the photos up by syncing to iCloud or are you trying to make a regular backup? If trying to sync to iCloud, try Settings/Your Name/iCloud and slide off syncing. Wait a few minutes and then slide syncing on. Allow time for syncing to occur.

Last resort - have you tried signing out of iCloud and then sign back in?

If you are trying to make a regular backup, make sure iCloud photos syncing is off.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 18, 2019 4:10 PM in response to desperateaf

Are you trying to back the photos up by syncing to iCloud or are you trying to make a regular backup? If trying to sync to iCloud, try Settings/Your Name/iCloud and slide off syncing. Wait a few minutes and then slide syncing on. Allow time for syncing to occur.

Last resort - have you tried signing out of iCloud and then sign back in?

If you are trying to make a regular backup, make sure iCloud photos syncing is off.

IPHONE NOT BACKING UP PROPERLY PLS HELP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.