You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie 10.1.6 can't switch YouTube accounts

Trying to share an iMovie 10.1.6 clip to YouTube for a non profit. To do so, I need to change the target YouTube account. In the past, I would click the account button (lower left corner on the share window with YouTube account name) and it would connect to Google in a new pop-up window and allow me to authenticate and to select which account to publish to.

Tonight, when I clicked the button, the pop-up window just had a strobing blank page. Anyone have this issue and solve it that can give suggestions?

Mac OS 10.11.6 El Capitan on mid 2012 Mac Pro.

Mac Pro, OS X 10.11

Posted on Dec 12, 2019 8:36 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2019 12:56 PM

I've not seen your particular issue reported. That doesn't necessarily mean that others have not experienced the problem. The problem might be on You Tube's end. Your software is pretty outdated. That might be another possible cause.

Try exporting your movie to your desktop. Then sign in to You Tube in the target account and see if you can upload your movie to that account using You Tube's upload window.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 13, 2019 12:56 PM in response to ehoff121

I've not seen your particular issue reported. That doesn't necessarily mean that others have not experienced the problem. The problem might be on You Tube's end. Your software is pretty outdated. That might be another possible cause.

Try exporting your movie to your desktop. Then sign in to You Tube in the target account and see if you can upload your movie to that account using You Tube's upload window.

-- Rich

iMovie 10.1.6 can't switch YouTube accounts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.