You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie Error in Sharing to YouTube

I am using a MacBook Pro with Mac OS Catalina (Ver. 10.15.5) and iMovie Ver. 10.1.14 to create videos. When I attempt to publish to Youtube (yes, my account is verified) I get the error message "Publishing ... to YouTube has failed. Publishing to YouTube Failed: The operation couldn’t be completed. (com.google.HTTPStatus error 401.)" I have changed the resolution, trying all the options available through iMovie and still no success. Can anyone tell me what the failure is and how to resolve this issue?

MacBook

Posted on Jul 9, 2020 7:05 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2020 7:14 AM

Sometimes third party uploaders, like You Tube's, have not kept up with changes made by iMovie, such as the new Catalina operating system. The most reliable way to upload to You Tube is to share out your movie to your desktop and from there drag it into You Tube's upload window. That usually cures upload problems that can occur when uploading directly from iMovie.

-- Rich

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 9, 2020 7:14 AM in response to Val_Dop

Sometimes third party uploaders, like You Tube's, have not kept up with changes made by iMovie, such as the new Catalina operating system. The most reliable way to upload to You Tube is to share out your movie to your desktop and from there drag it into You Tube's upload window. That usually cures upload problems that can occur when uploading directly from iMovie.

-- Rich

iMovie Error in Sharing to YouTube

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.